Skip to main content

7 Creative Ways to Find More “Me” Time

I love the way I live, I like that I’m very busy every day and that I never feel lonely. But sometimes I really need to be alone, to turn off the world and spend some time doing the things I like. This way, I can update the “charge” and have a rest. I know, a lot of people feel the same way, because we live in a hectic world full of stress and problems. No matter how you slice it, you can’t avoid stress. But you can learn how to fight it effectively. Here are a few ways to incorporate “me” time into your busy lifestyle.
Creative Ways to Find More Me Time

1. Your own corner

Everybody needs to have some place that is only for them. It can be a room or just a table in one corner of the apartment. No matter what the size of your own space is, you should design it so that you can relax there. Don’t let anybody be there, this is only your “world”. Let everyone know that they should never disturb you, when you are there. I placed the table, and put all my crafting stuff on it. I really love do some jewellery, so it make me relax. Find something that will help you feel the same way and organize your own special area for doing this.

2. Say “No”

Sometimes I feel a pain in my neck and very often I have headaches, the reason is because I often can’t say “No.” This adds a lot of stress in my life, so I think I need to learn how to change this situation. I love help my friends, but we need to realize that we can’t help everybody. We need to think about ourselves more often. Try to say “No”, when you feel you can’t fit it.
3. “Turn off” yourself
Oh, I know, it’s really hard for us to stop checking social media and emails, but we need to do it sometimes. Disconnect all your gadgets for 10-15 minutes and get some freedom without any digital stuff. Be yourself with meditating or reading a book, and let your eyes get rid of the constant pressure.

4. Plan your time

Try to plan your day each day. It sounds silly, but it really works. You can save a few minutes and spend it the way you want. Just try this advice once and you will really realize how many times usually you spend for silly things. Now, when you save these moments you can spend it only for yourself.

5. “Craft” some time from the “love time”

I really appreciate every minute that I am with my boyfriend. But when I can’t take some time for me from the other areas of my life, I ask my guy to give me a moment to be alone. He understands me and it’s not a problem. I’m so happy that he does this way, I think, it means that he is really kind. And when he sees I’m too busy, he reminds me that this is the time to have a rest.

6. Exercise or meditation

Sometimes any sports or meditation can help you. I’m not good at meditation, so spending my free time doing some exercises is easier for me. But I’m sure everyone should try to relax in a quiet place. You can do your favorite exercise, if you can’t devise something else. Don’t think a lot, just do some simple exercise that will help you to get rid of stress. I use this tip every time I feel a lot of pressure.
7. Stay away from the parties
Everybody needs to have meetings with their friends, but it’s really hard to find even one evening for this. I felt sad because of it and didn’t really know what to do. But now I have already found a few ways to meet my friends and have me time. First, you need to choose one day a week or two weeks that you will dedicate only for your dear friends. You should combine them all, don’t meet them separately. Second, throw some parties at home. You can save 20-30 minutes just because you don’t need to get to the place of meeting. If you worry about the food, ask everybody to bring something for themselves. Everybody will be fed and you will get some free time.
It’s important that you find some “me” time every now and then. High stress levels can seriously damage your health and can even lead to anxiety and depression. Whenever possible, take a short nap to boost your energy levels and cope with your tasks and problems faster. How often do you spend time alone? Do you have any special ways to relax? Please, share them with us.

Comments

Ezoic

Popular posts from this blog

How to make any workout feel easier

How you feel during training is not always a reflection of how fit you are. If you know just how to manage it and use a variety of mental tricks you don’t just get to feel better than you would otherwise, you will be performing better, doing more and work out harder. Fitness is, mostly, inside your head. It’s first of all a mental battle you need to win in order to make yourself train, make yourself train on the level you need to, and then to continue doing it time and time again. Once you do get yourself to exercise, there are a few tricks you can use to make the whole process easier on yourself: Don’t think about how hard it is. We often concentrate too much on how difficult and challenging training is, magnifying it in our head, all the while struggling more and more with the load. The more you think about yourself not being able to cope, the harder it feels. Essentially this is the pre-game pep-talk technique, applied to your training routine: Keep telling yourself that what you ar...

Wenger and Arsenal stuck together in defeat

COMMENT: Wednesday's 3-1 defeat to Monaco has left the Frenchman on the brink of his most embarrassing European exit and the sense is of a coach who has reached his ceiling By Liam Twomey As the dust settled on another   Arsenal   humiliation and criticism poured in from all sides, the most damning words of all flowed from   Arsene Wenger . He spoke of “suicidal” defending, a collective loss of nerve and the heart ruling the head before touching on a favourite theme. “Mentally we were not ready or sharp enough to get into this game,” he admitted. “We paid for it.”   Mentality is something Wenger talks about a lot, in victory and defeat. Nor is it idle talk – renowned French psychologist Jacques Crevoisier has regularly been employed to work with Arsenal players in recent years, and in 2010 he subjected the entire squad to a psychometric test designed to measure all the mental qualities required of an elite athlete. Nicklas Bendtner famously scored 10 out of nine for ...

Fitness and Hydration

Nearly 80% of our body is made up of water at birth. When something in our biological make up takes up so much volume the chances are it plays a critical role in our neurobiology which also means it affects every aspect of our fitness. By the time we reach maturity water levels have stabilized to 65% for adult males and 55% for adult females which suggests that water continues to be critical throughout our lives, so the question is how much should we drink in order to be fit and healthy?  Depending on where you look and who you ask the answers are going to be either up to eight glasses a day or less than eight glasses a day. Those who say we don’t drink enough also cite evidence that water helps our metabolism stay active, boosts our brain power and helps athletic performance while the critics claim that too much water makes us stupid, it can seriously depletes sodium levels in our bloodstream impairing athletic performance and can, in extreme cases, also kill us.  Both camps ...